Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A bowl of cereal before bed


Oliver on most nights tries to get an extra meal in right before bed. Mostly we've agreed it is a stall tactic but sometimes we fall for it and let him have a bowl of cereal. So it was last Saturday night. It was then I noticed how much of the light was gone and summer is fading. It seems to happen so quickly - here one day, gone the next. So it was Wheaties by lamplight. I found that old lamp out junking and really liked it. It didn't have a shade and I wanted to use it so I went out and bought a pretty orange-ish hued bulb and left it bare. I kind of like it like this...it reminds me of candlelight.

2 comments:

Bluebird said...

i like it, too! the bottom picture reminds me of a Van Gogh painting.

~h~ said...

Delaying bedtime with a bowl of Wheaties is a good trick on Oliver's part. And I like that little orangish light. It reminds me of my grandfather cracking walnuts in his shed all winter somehow. And of winter. I'm looking forward to it this year. For the first time in my life.