Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A weekend walk





The summer weather continues on in our part of the world. Wardrobe wise I am ready to move on! A little tired of summer clothes but I do know that we have months piled on months of grey days, soggy land, and cool temperatures so it is best to enjoy the warmth while it is here. We walked Sunday to our favorite bakery for breakfast and I brought my camera along hoping to catch some hints of autumn. I found some! So many spiders that scare me but whose webs I marvel at and find beauty in, some pears on a dried mossy brick, birds flying in formation, crispy bits of leaves and flowers littering the ground. I found some new feathers to add to my growing collection. I swear, every time I go out for a walk there is a feather waiting to be found. And acorns. I picked them from a low hanging branch and brought a few home. My last fall find is a gorgeous velvet pumpkin, handmade locally. The stem is a real pumpkin stem sewn into beautiful jewel toned velvets. Sometimes when I see handmade stuff that is so well made I almost despair for my own skills and get a pit in my stomach. Has fall arrived at your doorstep?

8 comments:

Char said...

such wonderful finds - each with it's own bit of beauty. and that pumpkin - I so want one of those.

♥ miss.michelle said...

...Rebekah, I think yesterday was the first TRUE day that Autumn is near. I could truly feel it! The days are feeling shorter. I love your morning walks, thanks for taking me with you ;) Have A Lovely Day~

michelle

Bluebird said...

you inspire me so very, very much! amazing photos as always. and that velvet pumpkin is just wonderful! i will be reading this post again later tonight when i am home with a cup of tea and a pumpkin scone...it is that cozy!

Pretty Neat Designs said...

As a pumpkin obsessed person, your first photo really grabbed ahold of me. And so far hasn't let go. I'm wondering how to get one those in a dove grey color. The formation of birds also amazing.

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

No reason to despair - I just received a handmade item by you and it is breathtakingly beautiful and well-made, to the tiniest little detail.... thank you. :)
And no, no Fall here. Sigh. I get to live vicariously through your beautiful photos, though (thank you again) and dream of rustling leaves and scarves, and woolly mittens, and steaming hot tea...
-maria

~h~ said...

I haven't felt Autumn yet but am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I brought home close to fifty pumpkins yesterday from my grandfather's farm and feel sort of silly putting them out in 80 degree weather. oh well...
With that, love your little walk description and those pale green pears. Lovely. And perfect tones for fall. :)

Mademoiselle Julie said...

Fall in Florida is hard to find; however, you get a glimpse of it every now & then. For example, leaves are falling @ 80's + temps, but they are falling, for whatever reason. Mother Nature tends to know best, so I won't question her. Amazing what crafty talents are out there, huh? However, we are all unique in what we do - for me, that's the big difference which allows each one of us a spot in the sun, one day, somewhere, somewhen! :-) Cheers, Julie

Brit said...

These photos really capture fall, wonderful! I am in the mood for fall!